Saturday, September 22, 2018

"But there's just no charging infrastructure!" (US Edition)

The network is more developed in the USA than it is generally given credit for.

I've said it before, and I am sure I will say it again: the charging infrastructure can be improved in lots of ways - and it needs to be.  But it does exist. Right here, right now.


Here's the North East - you can drive to Bangor, Maine or even to the far end of Nova Scotia

EPA range of Jaguar I-Pace and Chevrolet Bolt, with CCS DC Fast Chargers around the North-Eastern US



Florida, like the USA as a whole, has twice as many CCS locations as Supercharger locations.
EPA range of Jaguar I-Pace and Chevrolet Bolt, with CCS DC Fast Chargers around the Florida, in the South-Eastern US


California is well catered for, and there's a corridor through southern Nevada to Utah.  Arizona is even within reach, if you have a light foot.
EPA range of Jaguar I-Pace and Chevrolet Bolt, with CCS DC Fast Chargers around the South-Western US

The Pacific North-West
EPA range of Jaguar I-Pace and Chevrolet Bolt, with CCS DC Fast Chargers around the Pacific North-West


Things get highly problematic in the Mid-West

EPA range of Jaguar I-Pace and Chevrolet Bolt, with CCS DC Fast Chargers around the Mid-West








Maps generated using http://chargehub.com Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment